Huion Kamvas 13 screen and pen won't connect

I bought a Huion Kamvas 13. It worked fine with my old Windows laptop. However it doesn't work on my MacBook. I installed the software for MAC OS. I have tried do de-install the program and re-instal, but that won't fix the problem. I also tried switching USB ports.

• Hi Mellenie, I'm sorry about that. Kindly answer the following questions so we have a better understanding on what caused your issue:

1. What is the driver version you installed?
    2. Does the driver detect your tablet?
    3. Does your MacBook have HDMI and USB-A ports? Or are you using an adapter?
    4. What is your MacBook model?
    5. What is your MacOS version?
    6. Are you using the 3-in-1 or the full-featured USB-C to USB-C cable? 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• 1: I installed Kamvas 13 driver: Driver_15.6.3.88

2: De driver doesn't detect the tablet. I do see my MacBook screen on the tablet

3: I use an adapter

4: I have a Macbook Pro 13

5: I use MacOS12.1

6: I use the 3-in-1 cable

• Hi Mellenie, thank you for providing the requested information. Since you are using the 3-in-1 cable with adapter and the tablet driver doesn't detect your tablet, but you see the display on your tablet, the problem may be caused by a defective adapter. Do you have another adapter that you can use instead?

May you kindly take a video of your cable connection from your tablet to your Macbook Pro 13, then turn the tablet on and open the driver? I just want to check your connections. By the way, do you have the full-featured USB-C to USB-C cable? Since your Macbook Pro 13 has Thunderbolt ports, you can use this type of connection instead.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• This is with the 3-in-1 cable. I do see the screen, but it doesn't connect. Even after shutting the tablet off and on.
    mp4
  • This is with a usb c cable.
    mp4
  • Hi Mellenie, thank you for the videos. When using the 3-in-1 cable, may you kindly try connecting the black USB-A to the port where the red USB-A is connected to? Then connect the red USB-A to a power adapter (similar to that used for charging phones) that has an output of at least 5V 2A, and plug it directly to a wall outlet. Check if the driver still can't detect the tablet. Or if you have another adapter, please try using another one.

AS for the USB-C to USB-C connection, I see only one white wire plugged into the computer, so I assume this is the USB-C to USB-C cable. Since this is not our USB-C to USB-C cable, I can conclude that this wire is only for charging and data transfers, which explains why you are getting a "No signal" error. Kindly use a full-featured USB-C to USB-C cable similar to what you can purchase from this link: Huion USB-C to USB-C cable.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment