Solved

huion Kamvas 16, can't change screen area in its tablet's work screen!

Hello everyone! i got this problem since I bought the table

Here I have two screens, my main pc screen and the huion's. When I try to configure the screen which I'd like to work on (huion's in this case), the driver says I have no choice but to choose the pc screen due to draw. I'm forced, so, to draw as if I'm drawing on a no-display tablet, because I'm uncapeble of looking at the huion's display for it's like "deactivated". Currently, I can visualize my display in the huion one, but is nothing more than a display, if i try to draw on it, it draws on my pc screen instead of the huions. what do I do?
(forgive my english, I don't speak it quite often but I hope I put things clear)

• Hi Elena, not a problem. Your explanation is clear, and your screenshot helps. 

Since your pen only works on your PC screen, this can be fixed by choosing the correct work area setting in the driver. From your screenshot, the screen above is selected, so I believe this is your PC screen. All you need to do is click the lower screen so the work area will transfer to your tablet screen. Kindly refer to your screenshot with my notes added below:

The lines connecting the tablet image to the screen image indicates which screen your pen will work. You can also refer to this article: How to Set Your Tablet Display Work Area.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

•  Hello, thank you for your fast reply, is not so common among customer services :D
    Yeah I just tried before to click on my second screen but it just doesn't want to get clicked... and also now, but it doesn't work.

the only modifible and selectable part i can manupulate is just my computer's screen.
    maybe is there some mechanics I need to change?

because I only have one HDMI cable, I'm using a displayport on my huion. if I switch the two, does the huion's screen get recognized and selectable, by chance?

•  update: just now I tried to set huion's as main screen on windows display settings, still it doesn't work

• Hi Elena, thank you for the additional information. Since you mentioned you connected your tablet to a DisplayPort slot, I believe you are using a desktop, right? In this case, I suggest connecting your tablet directly to your HDMI port and your other monitor to your DisplayPort. If you have done so already, and still doesn't work, may you kindly take pictures of your desktop's rear side so I can help you with your connection? 

Based on the screenshot you provided, your computer did not detect 2 displays, and this is why your tablet driver's work area could not be changed. Your computer's display settings should show 2 displays at least, if you have your tablet and one other monitor. 

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hello! ok I'll be more clear in the case of the screen. yeah actually my second screen is detected, I showed you a not-so-clear and complete picture, I'm sorry.

I'm using Windows 10 by the

way.

So this is the demonstration that both screen, which is desktop's and huion's, are linked together. I also extended them, so the display connection is succesfully sealed.

Here's some picture with the cable management:

this displayport is linked from the desktop, for the desktop. this desktop has a vga port, a displayport and a HDMI. and ofcourse the power cable for the desktop to turn on.

here I connected huion's hdmi cable to the huion tablet to the video card. yes, as you can see unfortunately i just have one hdmi port, that's why i chose the displayport cable for the desktop...

I'm using this type of cable for linking the tablet to the computer which is the huion triple cable. i still got the rest of the cables, which are: the double C-type cable, the usb C-type charger cable and the red usb extention cable (male-female usb). I'm usign this one

--RESOLVED!!--
    I just had the idea to update the driver, so i googled it again and found it. The reason why it didn't work it's because I chose in the past an older version of the driver, so I needed to download manually the newest version, I wasn't aware or notified of the update...
    If there is the possibility to make the software keeped updated for the newest driver, with a notification or a message, it would be great for me so I don't have to manually keep myself updated just by looking at the website.
    I'm so sorry for bothering you, I still hope this article is useful for somebody.
    I anyway thank you so so much for staying avaliable for me! You made me check step by step everything missing and it was indeed something missing, silly me...

Hope you have a good day and good work!

• Hi Elena, I'm glad that your issue is resolved after updating your tablet driver. I will forward your feedback about the update notification to our software engineers. Have a productive day!

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support