lag and skipping with my GT-221 pro

So lately my pen has been skipping and lagging for about a week now I even bought a new pen. I updated my drivers I have a GT - 221 pro. My firmware is updated and I still can't fix this problem I'm using Windows 11 you can help me I will appreciate it.

• Hi Wesley, I'm sorry that your pen is lagging and skipping. May I know the model of the pen you purchased? Also, kindly provide the first 5 digits of your tablet's serial number. You can find it at the back of your unit, and it starts with S/N.

Please try the following steps:

1. Uninstall the driver.
    2. Unplug your tablet from your computer, then plug it back in. Test if your pen works fine without the driver. If it does, then the issue is caused by the driver. You can reinstall the driver, making sure that the tablet is not connected to your computer, your antivirus is turned off, and all your drawing programs are closed during the installation.
    3. Connect your USB cable to another port and ensure that your computer's USB port is working well.
    4. If you have an extra USB-B to USB-A cable, please try using another cable. This type of cable is typically used on printers and scanners as well.
    5. If you have access to another computer, connect your tablet to another computer and check if your pen still has the same problem.

If the steps above don't resolve your issue, kindly provide the tablet driver version you installed and your tablet's firmware (you can find this in the driver by going to Settings > Device).

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• driver v15.6.280

m167_170623

• pen 68D

first 5 sn 84DB8

• Hi Wesley, thank you for providing the requested information. Do you still experience the lag even when the driver is not installed on your computer? 

I'll create a ticket for you so we can test your pen and tablet further. In the meantime, kindly try the following steps:

1. Pull out your pen nib and put it back in. Or change it with a new one. Then test if it still lags or skips.
    2. Change your pen battery with a new one.
    3. When your pen lags or skips, check if the driver still continuously detects your tablet.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment