Solved

Kamvas 22 driver does not recognize display on Mac Studio

I had installed the latest Huion Kamvas 22 driver for my Mac Studio (M1) and after going through the steps to allow the Huion app to be available to open with security / privacy check on. I had open the Huion app and it will not recognize my Kamvas 22 with it plugin. Although with the Mac Studio on, it will display the Mac desktop on the Kamvas 22, but it will be not be clear as the display is fuzzy and pixelated.

I am confuse now as I am not sure if this is a Mac issue or driver issue. I had try installing one driver version back from the latest and it too will not recognize the Kamvas 22 when the app is on. 

Why does my Mac Studio not recognize the Kamvas 22 as just a display, like my PC? It just displays the Kamvas 22 fuzzy and pixelated. Adjusting the resolution on the Mac Studio will not fix the display issue.

Driver version used: 15.6.1.34 and 15.5.6.433

• I was able to troubleshoot the display problem for the Huion kamvas 22 as a monitor. It will now display clear with no fuzzy or pixelated issue. The problem was the connection on the Mac Studio. When I use the HDMI port, it will display sharp. After switching to connect to one of the USB C display port with an adapter. The Huion Kamvas 22 displays correct. 

I still have the issue with the latest driver where it will not recognize the Kamvas 22. Under the menu for select your devices, it will not display the Kamvas 22 for selection. As a test, I have a Huion KD100 Mini Dial Keypad, it will display in the select device menu when I plug in a USB cable to it.  

• Hi Justin Lee, thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the tablet. It would be much appreciated if you could take a video that can clearly show how you connect kamvas 22 to your Mac so that we can check if cable connection is correct, by the way, please film the issue as well. Rest assured that we will sort it out.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Thank you, I have solved the issue as you were correct. I had realize that the usb connection to the Mac Studio was not plug in as I am setting it up to be use on 2 computers. 

• Hi Justin Lee, I'm glad that your issue has been resolved. Feel free to contact us again through service@huion.com whenever you need our assistance.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment