Huion Mini Keydial Shift key problems

Hello! I purchased the Mini Keydial device a few months back and for the most part really enjoy it. I am running into a frustrating issue though. I have assigned one of the keys on the keydial to function as the "Shift" key, however 50% of the time the key does not function correctly. More often then not it does not correctly function like the shift key and seems to be glitchy. This is frustrating because a big reason for the purchase was having the shift key handy for my workflow when I am not able to use my laptops keyboard.

Does anybody know why it does this, or any troubleshooting I can do to remedy it?

• Hi Ben Lutz, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the Mini Keydial. May I clarify with you the following things.

1. How do you connect it to your computer/laptop, via the wireless receiver or the USB cable? 

2. Does only one key not function correctly as the "Shift" key 50% of the time or any of the keys you set as the "Shift" key does not function correctly 50% of the time.

By the way, please kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Operating system of your laptop/computer, Windows or Mac

2. The version of firmware

3. The version of driver

4. A video that can show the problem clearly (upload to Dropbox or Google drive would be preferred and please grant permission to anyone who has the link to view it). You can use your phone in taking the video provided that we can clearly see both your screen and your pen.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Thanks for the reply! I actually discovered that it was dude to the fact that I was using the mouse with the mini key dial at the time and thus the shift key function was not working. However, once I swapped to using the stylus with the mini key dial it functioned correctly. This is somewhat annoying and I would think the key dial should function correctly with the mouse too? Maybe not? But in any case I’m able to use it as shift again if I’m using my stylus. I can give you my information if this is still a problem that you guys might need to fix? I have a MacBook Pro 16 with an M1 chip
  • Hi Ben Lutz, thank you for getting back to us. We have created a ticket for you and relied to you, please kindly check.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment