Program Specific Windows Ink

I would like to Windows Ink to turn off and on depending what program I am using. For example I would like it disabled by default, and only turned on during zbrush, photoshop, and other artistic programs.

Going to the menu and switching on and off all the time is not great. I also can not bind it to a button on the tablet monitor either. It is causing a lot of frustration. 

• Hi Omar Aweidah, this is possible by following the steps found in this article: How to Customize Press Keys and Digital Pen Button Functions for Specific Software. If the function don't work properly, kindly uninstall the tablet driver, unplug your tablet from your computer, restart your computer, then reinstall the driver. Before reinstalling the driver, please make sure you don't have any other tablet drivers installed in your computer otherwise it will cause problems with your tablet's performance; whether the driver is from us or other brands. And while you install the driver, please make sure your tablet is not connected to your computer, your antivirus is turned off and all your drawing programs are closed. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I am having the same problem. The Enable Windows Ink checkbox does not link itself to customizations. I have to turn that on and off deliberately. The button assignments do work, so that's good. I have a HS610 tablet, and I'm using the latest version of the driver (v15.3.19.151)

Thanks.

• Update: I un-installed and re-installed the driver. Enable Windows Ink still doesn't connect itself to the customizations -however- for some reason I can now just leave that off for all programs and not worry about it. Before I was only able to get Photoshop's pressure to work if I had it on. So that's interesting...

• Hi Geoff Kornfeld, thank you for the update. Reinstalling the drivers, especially newly released ones, would resolve the issue. Feel free to reach out to us again whenever you encounter any issues.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hey Orliza. 

This works for everything except windows Ink. Even after installing the driver. It seems Windows Ink toggle is not program specific no matter what I do. 

Button presses all work, but the windows Ink is the only issue. 

My objective is to have Windows Ink enabled in all of my programs except chrome. But when I add chrome as a program, and turn of windows Ink, it turns it off for all my programs. 

• Hi Omar Aweidah, may you please provide the following:

1. Your Windows operating system version
    2. The version of the tablet driver you installed
    3. Which programs are you using and the versions. 
    4. If you can provide a video as you demonstrate how you setup your driver so I can forward it to our software engineers, we would appreciate it.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1. I am on windows 10 version 18099
    2. I am using Huion Tablet Versio:v15.3.19.151 (it says versio instead of version)

3. I am using Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Mari, Marvelous Designer, etc. I need windows ink enabled on all these programs. For chrome, and thinks like excel, i want windows ink disabled. When I use the Huion software, windows Ink stays in its last configuration, rather than adjusting per program. 

Here is a link to the video

• Did the reproduction steps help? I am still unable to toggle windows ink per program. 

• Hi Omar Aweidah, thank you. Please give us a moment to have this checked. I'll get back to you next week. Happy weekend!

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment