Solved

Not working on MacOS Big Sur

Driver stopped working on MacOS Big Sur. The update is out now for recent macs. 

The Driver will always say it's disconnected no matter if the tablet service is restarted or the latest driver is re-installed.

It's not my tablet because it works as expected on Windows.

3 people have this problem
  • FYI - I gave up on trying to update drivers.  Tried several versions.  The display would not detect or display anything on my MacBook with Catalina or my MacBook with Big Sur.  My MacBook with Mojave detected it immediately though.  Getting a different brand, this shouldn't be that hard.

• Hi Shane Kaszyca, if you still have your Huion tablet, kindly install Driver_14.5.0.201120 version and please make sure that you connect your tablet to a port that supports display connection. If the MacBook do not have an HDMI port and only has the USB-C port, please make sure that the USB-C port has the Thunderbolt logo on it. Otherwise, it is just a regular USB-C port that can not handle display connection. Kindly refer to this article about display connections: What to Do If Your Huion Pen Display Shows A Black Screen or No Signal.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Just updated to Big Sur today and my Huion tablet (Q11k v2) won't work. In the Huion app on my computer it shows "device connected" however it just won't work. I've updated my system preferences>privacy & security>accessibility to include Huion Tablet & Tablet Driver Agent but still not working. Is there a different driver that I can download? 

this is the link to the one I am currently using (the top one): https://www.huion.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=lists&catid=16&myform=2&down_title1=Q11K%20V2(8192)&down_os=macOS&down_type=Driver 

• you said " we estimate to have an updated driver within 2 weeks" a month ago. Where is the driver update? I have yet to get your tablet to work on my Mac.

• There's already a driver that supposedly is "Big Sur compatible" but that's BS, the support will just give the same answer every time blaming the consumer rather than issuing a firmware update that fixes the USB connectivity on Mac

• Hi Beulah Joy Kang, the link you've provided is correct. And Driver_14.5.0.201120 version is the latest version which is compatible with Big Sur. 

Hi Paulsyme, the updated Version 14 driver has been released last November. If you are referring to the Version 12 driver, it has also been released last month. To make it easier for you to download it, I am attaching the driver below; Version 12 for pen tablet and for pen display. I've also included the installation instructions.

Hi Beulah Joy Kang and Paulsyme, before installing the latest driver, please make sure you properly uninstall the driver you've installed on your computer. Better yet, remove the HuionTablet and TabletDriveAgent apps from your Security & Privacy settings and restart your computer. Make sure you don't have any other tablet drivers installed on your computer as well, whether from us or from other brands. Otherwise you will have issues in our tablet's performance.

Hi Rodrigo Gonzalez Gomez, I will create a ticket for you so we can ask for more information about your issue. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

pkg
    pkg
    pdf
  • I have no previous drivers installed and Driver_14.5.0.201120 does not work with new tablet on 2018 macbook pro running big sur.  Should I just return the device?

P

• Hi Paulsyme, may I know what tablet model you have so I can check if you are using the right version? Also, what issue are you having with your tablet? Can you please provide more details?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I have no previous drivers installed and Driver_14.5.0.201120 does not work with new tablet kamvas 13 on  macbook pro running big sur.  Should I just return the device? or is it something you can fix?

I can connect with my device but the screen doen't turn on. and i can use the pen and all, but no screen. 

• Hi femke hauser, when you say you can connect the device, does that mean that the driver is showing "Device connected" and you can configure the press keys and stylus pen? If you can, then it means that the issue is not with your driver but your cable connections. Are you using the 3-in-1 cable or the USB-C to USB-C cable? Kindly refer to this link to check whether you have properly connected your cable: How do I connect the Huion Kamvas 12/13/16(2021) to my computer?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• hi Orliza, i tried. The screen turns on, says no connection on the screen, but tells me its connected on the driver with "Device connected". and yes i can configure the press keys and stylus pen. But the screen just shuts down immediately after turning on. 

And I am using  the 3-in-1 cable.

The device worked, but now it doesn't anymore, and i haven't changed anything at all. 

• Hi femke hauser, thank you for clarifying. Kindly try the steps found in this article: What to Do If Your Huion Pen Display Shows A Black Screen or No Signal. If your issue is not resolved after following the steps in the article, your cable may be defective. Thus, kindly send an email to service@huion.com with the following information for further assistance:

1. Serial number (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)
    2. Order number
    3. Link to your video of your cable connections and what happens when you turn your tablet on. Kindly capture the status of your tablet driver as well to show that it detects the tablet. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Showing device note detected, Kamvas 22 plus, driver 14...for Big Sur, tried it a bunch of times, nothing. Please see photo and advise. Do I need to return this item? I really would not like to return it, but this is very tiresome. 

HEIC
    (1.35 MB)
  • How many people here have been able to successfully use the newest tablet driver or software with MacOS Big Sur with no problems?

• We don't, support hasn't given any real answer or statement. They are just repeating the same solutions over and over again like a real problem doesn't exist

Login to post a comment