Kamvas 13 Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

Hey there! Recently bought the Kamvas 13 from Amazon and immediately fell in love with it but recently its been having issues staying connected. I'm using the 3-1 cable and it will start a cycle of disconnecting and reconnecting. The screen will stay on but the led light will be constantly turning off then on with the windows noise signaling a device being disconnected. I've tried updating the driver (none available), reinstalling the driver, unplugging the tablet and plugging it back in but it always ends up doing this. Is this a driver issue? Cable issue? Bad tablet?

26 people have this problem
  • I can trigger it manually by turning on or off my xbox controller... which is wireless.

• Hi Angel Canales, we understand your situation and we will help you the best we can. We will send an invoice to you indicating that it is a replacement tablet to show your local Customs.

Hi laurent Labède, I'm sorry to know that your replacement tablet still has the same disconnection issue. May I know where you purchased your tablet? I can't seem to locate a record of your replacement. May you please provide the first 7 digits of your serial number; both the original and the replacement tablet? 

Hi Ana Paula Garcia, thank you for your update. Are you using the 3-in-1 cable? If so, are you connecting the red USB-A end to your computer? Is it a laptop? Sometimes, the beep may be caused by the cable or not having enough power to your tablet. Or, as what Angel mentioned, it may be caused by an external device. May you please connect your tablet directly to a power outlet and check if you still experience the beep? 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

•  Orliza Amodia

"Hi laurent Labède, I'm sorry to know that your replacement tablet still has the same disconnection issue. May I know where you purchased your tablet? I can't seem to locate a record of your replacement. May you please provide the first 7 digits of your serial number; both the original and the replacement tablet? "

Hi, yes of course. The SN:

• The oldest one tablet: A7DE8SHxxxxx
    • The newest: A7DE8SHxxxxx

Best regards, laurent Labède.
  • Orliza, hi. The replacement unit has arrived to my country, while your team did never inform me that the device was sent or either give me a tracking code and the replacement invoice has not been sent. I have until Thursday to present the replacement invoice. I was warned of this and you reassured me, I'm starting to lose my temper, so please, sent the invoice.
  • Also, I mentioned that one way to trigger the issue is turning the controller on or off, but it is far from what causes the problem, it is just one consistent way to trigger the issue, and at most, it is just proof that the tablet is not properly RF shielded. It also causes the controller to turn of. Remember, a WIRELESS controller.
  • I can trigger the disconnection issue pluging and unplugging any usb from my computer too, even my wireless headset turning on and off triggers the problem. I got an email saying that they cant help me cause i bought the display in Brazil, that i should sent a message to the store that i bought, i did that almost 3 weeks ago and never got an answer, i explained everything and they just ignored me. I don't know what to do anymore.

• Got my Kamvas 13 recently and noticed the same issue that everyone here has, It's annoying. I'll be following up the issue and solutions given on this topic and tracking them so I can come here with precise info about it.

•  I would suggest you return it and choose a different model. I have finally managed to get Huion to replace my existing one but based on what other users have been saying, I don't have my hope very high for the replace to work. We'll see. I'll give an update on here.

• Orliza... your team sent me a receipt, not a replacement invoice. I did not purchase this new tablet from you, I did not want a new tablet but took an option because of warranty, and taxes on this recept rise to OVER 100USD WITH SHIPPING... ARE YOU REALLY THIS PATHETIC AS A COMPANY?

Guys, anyone know how to make a lawsuit? This reached my boiling point. IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE A PUBLIC RECALL PROGRAM FOR THIS DEVICE, THEN SO BE IT, AND FACE THE CONSEQUENCES...

Orliza, also, if you don't see the receipt in the chat, it was sent to me from a different email, LA@huiontablet.com and written in chinese.

• Angel Canales being rude to Orliza doesnt help with anything. Sit down.

• Matt, once you have to pay a total of 120 USD for warranty, you will understand.

I can report that the replacement unit arrived, and does not manifest the issue (So far). The trick I had with my xbox controller does no longer trigger the issue, and this using my original cable, not the new one.

Ill report as day passes.

If you have detected what was causing the issue, please, you should totally issue a Recall program. Working only in the forums is pretty hush hush.

• Support is no longer answering my messages although the problem is not resolved yet and I haven't received my replacement device

• In my case I can say that the issue is still happening, and I have tested with the 3-in-1 cable and the USB-C that I bought from Huion, so I doubt the problem is cable related at this point. Sometimes is random and just a one time thing, but if I connect any device to my laptop doesn't matter if it's through bluetooth or usb port the loop starts.

• Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to add my experience to the group. I'm having the same disconnect issue and have been with Livy in customer support for about a month now with no resolution in sight. I've now been asked to try a different USB port 4 times now after already explaining that that's not an option because the 3 in 1 cable is not long enough to reach another port while the HDMI portion is still connected. I've also been asked to try another computer multiple times, which I have explained is not an option. I've recorded videos, taken pictures of the tablet and specifically the cable to show the reach issue but we continue to go in circles with no resolution in sight. I have not been offered any time of compensation, a replacement cable, or a replacement tablet. 

I'm hopeful that a resolution can be reached as I do like the tablet when it actually works, but the customer support experience has been sub-par to this point. Good luck everyone!

•  For everyone experiencing the constant disconnect and reconnect of your tablet and the grating noise of a device connect/disconnect notification. This is most likely related to windows 10 built in "touch keyboard" device service that starts automatically unless disabled in settings.  This windows service recognizes the tablet as a touch keyboard device and attempts to override the com and irqs (best i can tell) this is how the tablet "turns on and off" because it is being interrupted. To stop this RIGHT click on your windows icon, select "run" and in the search bar type "services.msc' . In the list look for "touch keyboard and handwriting services" and double click the line. Select "startup type" and select disabled instead of automatic. Restart if you would like.  This should stop the issue.  (Huion, you can send me a nice new tablet for all the trouble i just saved your tech support, holla at me")

Login or Signup to post a comment