Kamvas 13 Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

Hey there! Recently bought the Kamvas 13 from Amazon and immediately fell in love with it but recently its been having issues staying connected. I'm using the 3-1 cable and it will start a cycle of disconnecting and reconnecting. The screen will stay on but the led light will be constantly turning off then on with the windows noise signaling a device being disconnected. I've tried updating the driver (none available), reinstalling the driver, unplugging the tablet and plugging it back in but it always ends up doing this. Is this a driver issue? Cable issue? Bad tablet?

26 people have this problem
  • Hi ehab elsehly, I'm sorry for the late reply since we don't have operations during weekends. I have confirmed with my colleague that our reply has been sent. Kindly check your email and if you don't see our reply in your inbox, please check your trash or spam folder.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1 person likes this
  • @Orliza Amodia The email i used for contact was bitter.shiraishi@gmail.com. The problem is that once i told support that i didn't want a second tablet (since i already replaced it through my local "huion" seller) they just stopped contact with a resounding "please feel free to contact us" and no news about any solutions. Paying for the replacement to be sent (39usd) isn't an issue, but paying for customs IS the issue considering they will probably charge me more than 100usd for it, it is appreciated but certaintly creates problems more than solving them.

• I sent the ($40) and the requested data, and your colleague did not reply, send the tracking number, or anything else.

• Hi Ignacio L, thank you for providing your email address and I understand your concern. As I've read through your ticket, you purchased your tablet from your local resellers website. Do you still have a record of your original tablet's serial number? Can you please provide it as well as the replacement tablet's serial number? I'll coordinate with our point person handling our resellers so we can find a solution to your issue. 

Do you still have both your tablets or only the replacement one? Is it possible to request for a video of your disconnection issue? If you have both tablets, kindly capture both. It would be much appreciated.

Hi ehab elsehly, duly noted and thank you. We have replied to your ticket and merged both your tickets into one. May you please check our reply?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Everyone, the firmware update did not resolve the disconnection issue. Thus, please contact us through service@huion.com for a cable replacement. If the cable replacement do not resolve the issue, please do let us know so we can replace your tablet. For those who already got a tablet replacement and still experience the issue, please get back to us as well so we can send another replacement unit. What we can assure you is that we will do our best to replace your tablet with one that does not have any issues. We humbly request your cooperation especially when we ask for a video of the issue since this is needed as documentation as we submit the necessary requests.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any hassle this has caused. Rest assured we are determined to resolve your issues until you have a working unit that does not have any issues. 

Sincerely,

HUION Customer Support

• I've decided to get a refund on my product. The absolute lie of support is too much

1 person likes this
  • @Orliza Amodia

This has to be a joke.. please, let it be a joke.

I used the firmware update, just after i replaced both the tablet AND cable and again you are with the whole "we'll send a replacement unit" lie. The video you keep asking, pretty much every user has sent you the video, me included, of the problem and you keep insisting you need it as documentation for literally nothing.. 

I guess it's just time to move on at this point, i'll just sell my tablet and just move to another company that actually cares instead of always going with the "i'll send a replacement" cycle and pretending that's the only solution.

Thanks for "trying" but i'm honestly done with Huion.

• I just sent my tablet in for replacement.  We'll see whether it helps.

@Orliza Amodia, any idea whether Huion personnel are able to duplicate disconnects with any of these returned tablets?  Honestly curious.

1 person likes this
  • We reached to send a replacement and I paid the $40 shipping fee.

Then he tells me that he can't send him to my country.

I suggested to him to send it to my address in another country, but he refused and told me "buy another device and we would send you the money".

But I don't have enough money to buy another device

The price in our country is different from the price on the site

Then I told him to send the money to the seller and I received the device

What is the problem with this?

He insists that I buy a new device and he sends me money

I don't feel comfortable with this

• It's the third day and no one had answered me !!

I don't know what I did wrong to be treated like this

I paid the shipping fees but you didn't send the replacement and now you stopped replying

Is this how you do your job?

•  Mike Chernet,  can you confirm your replacement Kamvas 13 tablet is still functioning properly.  Have you tried using the latest v15.3.19.174 drivers on HUIONs support site?

Were you asked to return your faulty tablet once you received the replacement?  I submitted a ticket to HUION with the issue my tablet has (USB connection issue) and after several videos uploaded showing the issue, they have agreed to replace my faulty Kamvas 13 with a new one (for $40 US shipping) and I will also need to return the faulty hardware.  I was hoping to return it after I receive the new replacement.  Just want to see what your experience was with the replacement process.

thanks

• Hi Bob,

Yes, the replacement tablet is still working fine. No disconnects at all. 

I haven't manually updated the driver, I'm just using the one that the Huion app thinks is "latest" v15.2.10.529.

I paid the shipping (£40) and the replacement tablet was (I think) shipped from Huion's UK Amazon store (i.e fulfilled by Amazon in the UK). It only took a day or two once I paid. I wasn't asked to return the faulty tablet.

My guess is that bad tablets are from an early production run with a faulty component and my replacement was from a later batch. If that's true then, of course, a replacement will only solve the problem if it's from different stock to the original.

• If i only knew this issue earlier, i should have decided to get other brand even if its a little bit expensive...ive been using it for almost 2 months now and honestly i love the tablet but i dont want to return the unit because its too bothersome and would mean back and forth and need to wait again not to mention the shipping fees again and would end up still getting the issue like all of the other complains after getting a replacement...i can use the tablet but its really annoying that it keeps on disconnecting..need to unplug na cable then attach again..and i dont want to sell it too since i know there would be the possiblility that the buyer would experience the same issues..i hope huion can settle this as soon as possible..really dissappointed..smh

2 people like this
  • I am extremely disappointed in Huions Support team right now, The fact that you guys sent our defect tablets in general even after the fact of getting multiple complaints is absolutely ridiculous. You deserve to give every single person on this forum a refund at this point because this problem shouldn’t even be happening.

2 people like this
  • What I don't understand is why we need to pay shipping for something that is our right to get replaced.
    What's up with a 40usd shipping fee lol?
    That sounds more like they want the money for the manufacturing cost so they don't go minus on our replacements.
    Well if I just have to pay 40usd to get a new tablet again, I wouldn't mind, at least better than this paperweight.

I still got my paperweight here and stopped using it completely,
    I stopped answering them when they told me they wanted me to send it all the way to china and then I'll get a refund for the shipping cost they told me.
    I'm just too tired to even bother.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment