Solved

Pen keeps freezing and buttons won't work

I've had my H950P tablet since January, and it's worked perfectly until the last few days. I'll make a brushstroke, but it's like the pen freezes halfway through so there's a giant gap, then when I press undo (I've customised my pens buttons to undo and erase) the cursor freezes in place until I let go and nothing happens. Same problem with the eraser button. I have the same custom keys on the actual tablet itself and the keyboard, both work perfectly fine. I've uninstalled the driver, installed the newest one, restarted the PC, done everything I can find but nothing is working, please help.

3 people have this problem
  • Hi Carla, are you using a Windows computer? What driver version have you installed or tried so far? Please try uninstalling the tablet driver, unplug your tablet, plug it back in and test your tablet without the driver and check if the pen still freezes. If it won't freeze, then the issue is with the driver. If it still freeze, please let me know so we can test your tablet further. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hey, I'm using a Windows pc, and the original driver I had was version 14.7.154.586 so I thought that was the problem, uninstalled that and installed the newest one, 14.8.128.1220, but the problem still continued. I've just tried what you recommended, but there's no change, the pen still freezes and the buttons still won't work.

• Hi, yes, I'm using Windows. The drivers I've tried are version 14.7.154.586 and 14.8.128.1220. I've uninstalled the driver and tried what you recommended, but the pen still freezes and the buttons on it still won't work. The buttons on the tablet still work fine, it's just the pen I have problems with.

• Hi Carla, since the initial steps provided did not resolve your issue, I will create a ticket for you and I will further assist you from there.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I’m having the same problem as Carla I have the h950p and it was working perfectly normal as well until last night, the pen freezes and the hovering feature stops halfway through and freezes and now the tablet feels unusable, please is there a fix for this? Thank you in advance
  • Hi UncleQuib, please try the steps below:

1. Change your pen nib with a new one.
    2. Uninstall your tablet driver, unplug your tablet from your computer, then plug it back in. Then test whether your pen works fine without the driver.
    3. If you have access to another computer, please try your tablet on another unit and check if you still encounter the same issue.
    4. Install a different driver version.

If all steps above result to the same issue, please send an email to service@huion.com with the following information:

• Serial number (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)
    • Order number
    • Your computer operating system and version
    • Version of the tablet driver you installed
    • A summary of your issue and the steps you've done so far

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hello, HUION Customer Support

I think I have the exact same problem with using my HUION drawing pad (Q11K v2).

I did all instructions to fix this, but it did not work at all.

Should I have to send an email to service@huion.com with my information to get assistance?

Regards,

• I also have a H950P and having the problems with my pen, supposedly. Sometimes if drawing a line (especially if I apply a good amount of pressure) it freezes half way through. Also, it seems to just not work occasionally even when connected.

I tried changing nibs, updating my driver and restarting my computer. It seems to be giving trouble everything. I have used Krita, Gimp and Blender.

I use Windows 10

Driver Version: 15.4.1.354

Blender Version 2.93

Gimp Version 2.10.28

Krita Version 4.4.2

• Was there any resolve for this problem because i have it too please help.
  •  Hi there! I have almost same problem with H950P, so it'd be great to read advice for those people, who tried everything Huion wrote here:/

• Hi Maria Kazlouskaya, please try the steps below:

1. Change the pen nib with a new one.
    2. Put away all unnecessary electronic devices since electromagnetic interference from other devices can also cause this issue.
    3. If you're using a Windows computer, please uninstall the driver, unplug the tablet, plug it back in, then try using your tablet without the driver. If it works without the driver, then the issue is caused by the driver so you just need to reinstall it. 
    4. Install a different driver version.
    5. Check if the driver continuously detects your tablet even when the pen freezes or the buttons won't work. If it shows "Device disconnected", it means the connection has a problem so try using a different cable if you have access to another one.
    6. Connect your tablet to a different USB port on your computer and make sure that the said port is working well.
    7. Check if the tablet's light will turn on when you use your pen on your tablet or when you press the buttons. If it doesn't, it means that your tablet could not detect your pen or the buttons are not recognized.
    8. If you have access to another computer, try your tablet with another computer and see if the issue remains. 

If all steps above do not resolve your issue, please send the following to service@huion.com so we can test your tablet further:

• Serial # (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)

• Your computer operating system & version
    • Tablet driver version installed
    • A summary of the steps you've done so far. You can also cite this forum post.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment