Solved

My Pen only works when plug in

My pen for the GT-191 Only works when plug in to the usb cable anyway to fix this ?

• Hi Frederico Laranjo, thank you for purchasing our product and I'm sorry to know about your pen. Since your pen can only work when plugged in, it means that the Lithium-Ion battery inside it can no longer hold a charge. Thus, kindly send an email to service@huion.com with the following information so we can help you further:

• Serial number (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)
    • Order number
    • Link where you purchased your tablet
    • Link to a video as you use your pens while connected to the charging cable and without the charging cable

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I'm having the same issue with me pen80. I was gifted this tablet today and the pen only works while plugged in. Am I SOL if the tablet was gifted and I have to buy a new pen?

• Hi Liam Dawson, I'm sorry to know that your pen doesn't work without being plugged in. May you please ask for the order number and send the following to service@huion.com so we can help you with check the warranty:

• Serial number (found at the back of the tablet, right after S/N)
    • Order number
    • Link to a video as you use your tablet while connected to the charging cable and without the charging cable. This video is needed when we submit the replacement request if your tablet is still within the warranty.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• My GT 221 Pro arrived two days ago with two pens and it only works with it connected by wire, it seems it is a widespread problem, I really regretted this purchase, very disappointed, I won't even waste any more time than they made me lose, as I bought it on Ali Express, I'm going to open a dispute.
  • Hi Igor.iam12, I'm sorry to know about your pen issue. You can contact us through the AliExpress chat message or through service@huion.com so we can help you with your pen replacement. Kindly provide the following so we can assist you the soonest:

• Serial number (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)
    • Your AliExpress order number
    • A short video as you use your pen with and without the charging cable

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I have a similar issue with my pen. 

Was working for couple of days, and then after charging the pen for a couple hours, it no longer works. Only when connected to the charger. Made sure its the pen and not the tablet; tablet works, pen doesn't work unless plugged in.

Anyway I can fix this or do i need to buy a replacement.

• ive had the same issue with my pen from day 1. it would appear the pen does not hold a charge. as when "wired" it is still working wirelessly through bluetooth. however if the wire comes slightly loose the light goes out and the pen loses function

• Hi RhysStafford & Kozupii Talked, since your pens only work when connected to the charging cable, it means that the Lithium-Ion battery inside the pen can no longer hold a charge. Thus, you can either purchase a new one or contact us at service@huion.com for replacement if your purchase is still within the warranty.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Mine is a Huion GT-221 Pro which i bought on Huion Store (at Ali Express) and the pen worked fine about 8 months but my motherboard stopped working by a electric discharge on my house and i was without my pc about 6 months. When i finally got the money to bought the new motherboard the pen just stopped working wireless and the extra pen too. They work only by usb cable connection which is very annoying. I'm considering selling my Huion tablet and buying a simillar Wacom tablet because i have a old Bamboo Connect model which his pen still working even after 7 years. Looks like Huion don't have a quality control on their pens and Wacon have a very nice quality control.

• Quality control on the pens is horrific as is their customer support.  I was given a tablet as a gift and the pen did not work right out of the box unless plugged in.     Because I didn't have a receipt they would not honor the warranty.  I like the products and I've been looking at get a full set for a class but with the lack of support I'm not sure the savings is worth while.

1 person likes this
  • Same problem here.  Pen only works when plugged in. Inspiroy Q11K

This has been happening since I bought it a few years ago. 

What is the solution?
    I've tried on different computers both Apple and windows, it happens the same.

SN 76T24SHxxxxxx

• Hi Joao, I'm sorry about your pen. Since it only works when plugged in, it means the rechargeable battery inside your pen can no longer hold a charge. I suggest purchasing a new one from this link: Rechargeable Pen PF150

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment