Hovering the pen over the working area but the pen will draw lines when moving the canvas? This is what we call the digital pen hovering issue. In this article, we will introduce the 4 most commonly seen pen hovering situations and corresponding solutions.
The most commonly seen pen hovering situations are listed below:
- Hover clicking: the pen is clicking while hovering over the surface of the device;
- Hover drawing: even when the pen is not making physical contact with the tablet, the pen will still draw very faint lines;
- Hover dragging: you can drag files when hovering the pen over the surface of the device;
- Hover dragging the dotted box on the desktop and etc.
If you encounter any of the above mentioned issue, please check out the solutions below:
- Please change the pen nib with a new one and turn the pen nib when you come across the following two situations:
- A pen nib that cannot be spun will result in the pen hover issue, so please check and see if the pen nib of your stylus can be spun.
- Clouds of dust on your pen nib will also result in the pen hover issue.
- Please make sure there are no other electronic products like laptop or mobile phone nearby. If there are, please put them away and see if it helps. Because the pen hover issue may also be caused by electromagnetic interference.
- Uninstall the driver, and try the tablet (without a driver installed) to see if the problem still persists. This can help to determine if this problem is caused by the driver.
- On how to uninstall the driver, please check Three Methods to Uninstall Huion Drivers from Windows 7 or How to Uninstall the HUION MAC Driver V13 or V14 Properly
- You have dropped the pen accidentally. We are sorry about that but this kind of man-made damage is out of our warranty. We suggest you purchase a new pen from our official store or Amazon.
If the problem still persists after trying all the methods mentioned above, please provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can help you further:
- Product serial number (from the back of the unit);
- Product order number;
- Purchase link where you bought this item;
- A video that can show the problem clearly (upload to Dropbox or Google drive would be preferred).